- A to G
- Department of Public Works/Engineering
- E.L. Harvey Trash/Recycling Collection, PAYT & Simple Recycling Program Information
E.L. Harvey Trash/Recycling Collection, PAYT & Simple Recycling Program Information
Trash & Recycling Collection
For curbside trash collection please follow our Pay As You Throw Program (PAYT).
The Town of Grafton uses a Pay As You Throw program. Residents can dispose of their household waste by purchasing official Town of Grafton trash bags at various retailers throughout town. See the PAYT page for a list of retail locations and for more information on the PAYT program.
Residents may use any kind of trash container they wish. There is no specific type, style or Town-approved trash barrel that needs to be purchased or used, though it is recommended that residents use receptacles that include a lid in order to deter rodents, birds and other animals from getting into your trash.
All household recycling must be in a green E.L. Harvey toter. Totes have been delivered to residents at no cost for the first toter. Additional totes can be purchased through E.L. Harvey. See the Curbside Collection Calendar (PDF) for a list of what items can and cannot be included in your recycling tote. Recycling totes must remain with the property.
Be sure to have your trash/recycling curbside by 7:00am on the day of your pick-up.
Disposal of bulk items (i.e., white goods, light iron, freon items etc.) is permitted. Contact E.L. Harvey's Customer Service Department directly to schedule a pick-up. Click the Curbside Collection Calendar link below for a list of accepted items (swing set disposal is no longer offered).
As of November 1, 2022 mattresses and box springs are no longer free bulk items.
To report a missed pick-up, or if you have any trash/recycling questions, contact E.L. Harvey's Customer Service Department at 800-321-3002 or online.
Calendar and Recycling Information
2021 to 2023 Curbside Collection Calendar and Recycling Information (PDF)
Trash Collection Information (Pay As You Throw/PAYT)
(Useful for residents who don't have curbside recycling)
The Recycling Center is located at 64 Old Westboro Road. The recycling containers are single stream. There is no need to separate your items.
Recycling Center hours are:
- Tuesday and Thursday: 10:00am to 2:00pm
- Saturdays: 8:00am to 1:00pm
- All other days: Closed
The Recycling Center now accepts the following items:
- Lightbulbs: 2-foot, 4-foot and 8-foot fluorescent tubes; compact fluorescent bulbs; circular and U-shaped tubes; mercury vapor; metal halide; HPS and LPS.
- Lighting ballasts
- Batteries: Alkaline, lithium, lithium ion, nickel cadmium and sealed lead acid.
For safety purposes, all batteries (except for A, AA, AAA, C and D) must have the contacts taped before they can be recycled. Un-taped batteries cannot be accepted.
Button-style batteries are acceptable but must be taped (top and bottom) as well.
The Recycling Center does not accept any batteries or lights that are not on the above list as well as the following items:
- *Styrofoam/foam packaging/packing peanuts
- Mattresses/box springs
- Toner cartridges
- Vehicle batteries
- Game systems/copiers/fax machines
- Grocery bags
- Steel/metal of any kind
- Hazardous waste
*Styrofoam can be disposed at: Polyfoam LLC, (508-234-6323) 2355 Providence Road, Northbridge, MA. Dock 3, Door #7. Monday-Friday 8:00am-4:00pm.
Residents looking to dispose of mercury-containing products (i.e., thermostats, thermometers, blood pressure units, etc.) will find proper disposal receptacles located outside the Office of the Board of Health at the Grafton Municipal Center.
Simple Recycling has made changes to their collections program. The primary changes are:
- Residents are now required to schedule all pick-ups. This can be done by going online or by calling Simple Recycling at 866-835-5068.
- Pick-ups will now be at the resident's front door instead of curbside.
- Pink bags have been eliminated from the program.
- Residents must place their clean and dry recyclable material in self-provided bags or boxes.
- Several factors are used to determine pick-up dates though it will be driven primarily by zip code. When scheduling online, once a zip code is entered, a calendar will appear showing collection availability in your area.
For more information, or if you have questions/concerns, email Simple Recycling or contact them at 866-835-5068.
Simple Recycling is a separate entity and not a part of E.L. Harvey or the Town of Grafton.
Hazardous Waste Information
NEDT Household Hazardous Products Collection Center