E.L. Harvey Trash/Recycling Collection, PAYT & Simple Recycling Program Information
Trash & Recycling Collection
For curbside trash collection please follow our Pay As You Throw Program (PAYT).
The Town of Grafton uses a Pay As You Throw program. Residents can dispose of their household waste by purchasing official Town of Grafton trash bags at various retailers throughout town. See the PAYT page for a list of retail locations and for more information on the PAYT program.
Residents may use any kind of trash container they wish. There is no specific type, style or Town approved trash barrel that needs to be purchased or used, though it is recommended that residents use receptacles that include a lid in order to deter rodents, birds and other animals from getting into your trash.
All household recycling must be in a green E.L. Harvey tote. Totes have been delivered to residents at no cost for the first tote. Additional totes can be purchased through E.L. Harvey. See the Curbside Collection Calendar (PDF) for a list of what items can and cannot be included in your recycling tote. Recycling totes must remain with the property.
Be sure to have your trash/recycling curbside by 7:00am on the day of your pick-up.
Disposal of bulk items (i.e., white goods, light iron, etc.) is permitted. Contact E.L. Harvey's Customer Service Department to schedule a pick-up. Click the Curbside Collection Calendar link below for a list of accepted items (swing set disposal is no longer offered).
As of November 1, 2022 mattresses and box springs are no longer free bulk items.
To report a missed pick-up, or if you have any trash/recycling questions, contact E.L. Harvey's Customer Service Department at 800-321-3002 or online.
Calendar and Recycling Information
The Recycling Center is located at 64 Old Westboro Road.
Recycling Center hours are:
- Tuesday and Thursday: 10:00am to 2:00pm
- Saturdays: 8:00am to 1:00pm
- All other days: Closed
The Recycling Center accepts the following items:
- Newspapers, magazines, catalogs, cardboard, paper (all colors), plastic containers/jugs/bottles (marked #1-7), soda/juice/milk/water bottles (glass or plastic), glass bottles/jars (any color), aluminum (cans/pie plates, etc.).
- Lightbulbs: 2-foot, 4-foot and 8-foot fluorescent tubes; compact fluorescent bulbs; circular and U-shaped tubes; mercury vapor; metal halide; HPS and LPS.
- Lighting ballasts
- Batteries: Alkaline, lithium, lithium ion, nickel cadmium and sealed lead acid.
For safety purposes, all batteries (except for A, AA, AAA, C and D) must have the contacts taped before they can be recycled. Un-taped batteries cannot be accepted.
Button-style batteries are acceptable but must be taped (top and bottom) as well.
The Recycling Center does not accept any items not on the above list as well as the following items:
- *Styrofoam/foam packaging/packing peanuts
- Mattresses/box springs
- Toner cartridges
- Vehicle batteries
- Dishes/drinking glasses/Pyrex/ceramics
- Unmarked plastics (laundry baskets/chairs/toys)
- Electronic devices of any kind
- Plastic bags
- Paint/spray paint
- Household trash
- Scrap metal or steel of any kind
- Hazardous waste
*Styrofoam can be disposed at: Polyfoam LLC, (508-234-6323) 2355 Providence Road, Northbridge, MA. Dock 3, Door #7. Monday-Friday 8:00am-4:00pm.
Residents looking to dispose of mercury-containing products (i.e., thermostats, thermometers, blood pressure units, etc.) will find proper disposal receptacles outside the Office of the Board of Health at the Grafton Municipal Center.
Simple Recycling has made changes to their collections program. The primary changes are:
- Residents are now required to schedule all pick-ups. This can be done by going online or by calling Simple Recycling at 866-835-5068.
- Pick-ups will now be at the resident's front door instead of curbside.
- Pink bags have been eliminated from the program.
- Residents must place their clean and dry recyclable material in self-provided bags or boxes.
- Several factors are used to determine pick-up dates though it will be driven primarily by zip code. When scheduling online, once a zip code is entered, a calendar will appear showing collection availability in your area.
For more information, or if you have questions/concerns, email Simple Recycling or contact them at 866-835-5068.
*Simple Recycling is a separate entity and not a part of E.L. Harvey or the Town of Grafton.
Hazardous Waste Information
NEDT Household Hazardous Products Collection Center