NEW Refund / Credit Policy (Effective 2/1/24 per approval of the Recreation Commission)
The Recreation Office must be notified in writing or via e-mail no later than 10 business days prior to the start of the program requesting your withdrawal and refund/credit request. There will be a $20.00 fee if you must cancel or switch a class or activity once your registration has been processed. The cancellation/ change fee applies to each activity/program that needs to be altered. Grafton Recreation reserves the right to make schedule changes to better serve our participants or to cancel/combine instructional classes and programs due to insufficient enrollment. If your withdrawal affects the status of the program (i.e., the number of participants drops below the minimum to run), and we are unable to fill your spot, you may only be eligible for up to a 25% refund or credit.
A full refund will be issued, less any classes attended, with a documented medical illness that prevents participation in the program.
A full or partial refund will be issued under the program participants name or a make-up will be scheduled if the Recreation Department must cancel a class due to the following (the processing fees are not refundable):
- Weather which closes school buildings (Snow/Blizzard, Tornado, Hurricane, etc.)
- Mechanical issues (Power outage, no water supply, etc.)
- Fire Evacuation
- Town wide health emergency or closure
No refunds or makeups will be issued for circumstances including, but not limited to:
- If you should choose not to attend for any reason (outside of a documented medical illness)
- If cancellation notice is provided less than 10 business days before the program starts.
Every attempt will be made to schedule a make-up class at the end of the program session, which varies based on the program and staffing/ space/schedule availability. Grafton Recreation reserves the right to review, approve, and/or deny any situations outside of the ones mentioned above.
Refunds will be processed in the following ways:
- A household credit can be applied to your account for future program registrations.
- A credit card refund can be processed (1-2 week lead time) on the credit card that was used in the initial transaction.
- A check refund can be processed (6-8 week lead time) and mailed to your home address.