Silver Lake Beach
- ADA Accessible
- Canoe launch
- Charcoal grills
- Concession stand
- Deep water raft
- Kayak rentals
- Lifeguarded beach
- Outdoor showers
- Picnic Shelters
- Picnic Tables
Silver Lake Beach, located at 245 Upton Street, is accessible year-round. From late June to mid-August, facilities are open and it is staffed and operated by the Town of Grafton Recreation Department. View the Beach Rules (PDF).
Amenities available June to August
- Sandy lifeguarded beach
- Concession stand - View a Menu (PDF).
- Charcoal grills
- Bathrooms/Changing rooms
- Outdoor Shower and Footwash
- Deep water raft
- Kayak and Tandem Kayak Rentals
- Picnic tables
- Swim Lessons (not currently available for 2023)
Amenities available September to May
- Picnic tables
- Charcoal grills
- Walking trails
- Ground rentals
2023 Hours of Operation
The beach will operate from June 17 to August 13, weather permitting, Tuesday through Sunday from 11 am to 6 pm. Hours may be changed as needed based on staff availability. Please check our Facebook page for any last-minute weather updates.
|Season Passes||Family Passes||Individual Passes||Senior (Aged 65 and up; Valid for up to 2 People; See Note)|
|Resident (see note)||$45||$20||$10|
|Day Passes||Per Car (For up to 5 People)||Per Person||Senior (Aged 65 and up; See Note)|
|Resident (see note)||$12||$5||$3|
|Non-Resident||Not Available||Not Available||Not Available|
Note: Seniors must bring proof of age and Residents must show proof of residency via ID, vehicle registration/utility bill/etc. Children under 2: no charge when accompanied by an adult over 18.
- Family: This pass is valid for couples or families. A family pass is valid for the number of immediate family members in your household.
- Senior: Senior passes are valid for those age 65 and up, and for up to two people.
- Individual: This pass is valid for 1 person.
Replacement passes (if lost or stolen) will be charged $20 for residents and $40 for non-residents.
How to Purchase and Pick up Beach Passes
Season Pass Purchase Information: Passes are available for purchase online or in person at the beach. It is encouraged to purchase your pass online in advance as availability may be limited. Purchase your pass online.
Season Pass Pickup Information: Passes purchased online may be picked up at the beach during the beach hours of operation.
Day Pass Purchase Information: Day passes are only available for purchase at the beach. Cash or check is preferred but credit card is available. A waiver must be completed prior to purchase and is only needed once per season. Register and complete waiver.
These rules and regulations are intended to promote the safety and convenience of all who use the facilities at Silver Lake Beach, as well as allow for maximum use of our parking area. To that end, these parking regulations will be strictly enforced.
- Any person wishing to park a vehicle at Silver Lake and use the facilities must obtain a beach pass.
- All parking at Silver Lake Beach is at vehicle owner's risk.
- Vehicles may park at Silver Lake only during posted hours.
- Vehicles must leave promptly at closing time.
- Vehicles must park in designated areas directed by staff. If the parking lot is full, vehicles may not park on Route 140. A parking lot attendant will be on duty.
- All patrons must follow any direction given by the attendant or by other staff at Silver Lake.
Pavilion & Ground Rentals
Private Rental of the Pavilion is available during the beach dates of operation. Beach operates mid-June to late August. (Not currently available for non-residents).
- Rules and Fee Schedule to Rent the Pavilion or Beach Grounds (PDF)
- Pavilion and Ground Rental Application Form (PDF)
Have your birthday party Silver Lake! Birthday party packages are available during the summer season for Grafton residents. The party is held under the Beach Pavilion and a rental fee is required for use with a maximum of 2 hours. See Rules and Application Form (PDF).
- $30 Pavilion Rental Fee Required plus applicable beach pass fees (see note)
- Package Options
- Package 1 - Swimming Only: No additional fee
- Package 2 - Swimming and an Ice Cream: $2 per person
- Package 3 - Swimming, Pizza, Drink, Ice Cream and Paper Goods: $8 per person
Note: Attendees/guests must either have a valid Silver Lake season pass or purchase a daily pass. Day Passes are available at a group rate of $3 per person.
Silver Lake offers kayak and tandem kayak rentals. Fees are $8 per half hour or $15 per hour. Paddles and life vests are included. You must be at least 18 years old to rent and at least 6 years old to be with an adult. Hours may be limited during peak volume times. Waiver Required. All paperwork is done on-site at the beach.
Outside of beach operating season, you may pull up in front of the locked gate, (straight in so as to allow the most cars possible), to access the Conservation trails but swimming is prohibited and trash is carry in/carry out. Grounds and pavilion rental is available (please see information above).
Personal Boat Use
Only canoes or boats that can be carried on car tops are allowed. No trailered watercrafts are allowed. Electronic outboard motors but no others may be used. See the Use of Silver Lake bylaws (page 83) (PDF).
To access the lake:
- You may park in the beach parking lot during the operating season with a valid beach pass and must follow the Beach Rules and would need to remain in a restricted area.
- You may also launch from the road around the corner from the beach entrance and have access to the entire lake.
- If you do launch from the road and boat to the beach, then you become our responsibility and must follow the Beach Rules.
"The Rec Department and the crew at Silver Lake Beach have earned our vote for the outstanding program provided. You can swim under the watchful eyes of the trained Life Guard staff, read a book, or get snacks at the concession stand. The toilet facilities are clean, and the beach area is devoid of litter. Consistently. Yearly beach passes are available at a very reasonable price, so this is one of the great assets of Grafton! See you at the beach!" - Elaine and Al S.
"I want to say that the staff at the beach were all excellent this summer. I had a summer pass and enjoyed it very much. My grandson attended swim lessons with Nick and Dan, at 11:30. They were very good with all the kids, but I was very impressed with their patience and how well my grandson did in the class. He did not want to go to swim lessons and today he was very sad it was over. I really like how each class, had a lesson about water safety before going out in water. Thank you again for hiring a great summer staff." - Denise M.
"First year buying a pass to Silver Lake. I'm so impressed with the grounds. Soft sand, showers, snack bar, lifeguards, sun, shade. The water setup is genius with three sections of shallow water for kids to swim and play. The lifeguards are so attentive and enforce the rules with respect to the kids. I'm so glad I have a chance to experience it this year!" - Jennifer J.
"I couldn't be more thrilled, the lessons are wonderful! Thank you for all that you do! All of the staff at the lake are amazing and my kids are really getting so much out of class." - Deirdre R.